Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pin It

Hi, I am Jennifer, a new member of Krisi’s CT! After I was accepted, I spent even more time going through her store to see which project I wanted to try. It was hard to narrow down, but I finally decided to try the Junior Legal Pad Wrap:



I always like the idea of making something that can be used as a nice gift. I have made similar things using paper and stamps, but to me, one of the advantages to doing hybrid is for projects like this. You can add dimension without adding bulk. Since this is something that will be handled, it is nice to be able to embellish it without worrying about making it too bulky by having things on there that will fall off or get crumpled when someone tries to slip this into their purse or backpack. I also decided to print this off on cardstock. It loses some sharpness that way, but it seemed to make more sense for this project, and make it a little sturdier. I decided to use the inner pocket option, so I ended up with three pages to print:





You have choices for the shape of the flap, which is a nice feature of this template. I reduced the opacity of my scoring lines so they wouldn’t shop up very much but I could still see it enough to make my score lines. After printing, I simply cut and scored, and then assembled the holder. I used one of my favorite tools, the Crop-o-dile, to add an eyelet for my ribbon closure. Another easy closure would be a small piece of sticky-back velcro. I didn't think to take photos of the project in progress, but here are the tools I used:



For this project, I used a kit called Catharsis by Sherwood Studio:



I was very happy with the results, and look forward to my next project! Be sure to check out Krisi's store at Scrap Matters for lots of cool projects!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment