Monday, July 11, 2011

Hybrid Challenge: Banners, Flags & Bunting! Oh my!

Pin It

Hi, Rebecca (ReboScraps) here to tell you about this month's Getting Hybrid challenge over at Scrapmatters. These challenges are a great way to get some tips about using your digi goodies to make real life pretties!

I picked Krisi's Banner Templates for my hybrid project. This pack includes 5 different shapes, and each shape comes in 3 sizes.


For my project, I used the rectangle, and also the one with the curvy shape on the bottom (in the preview, it's just peeking out there under the photo of the Happy Birthday banner) and created this little DREAM banner:


I often make hybrid projects to giveaway, whether it's a card or a little box for gift wrap, and this time I wanted to make something creative I can enjoy. I picked a scrap kit that matches my bedroom colors (Timeless Elegance by KimB.) On the panel for the letter "A" I added the quote by Henry David Thoreau that is also shown on the layout above:

"Let go of the past and go for the future.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you imagined."

Come play along in the challenge and make something beautiful for you!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment