Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tutorial: Pendant Gift Box

Pin It

Hey everybody!
It's LeAnn, here, with a twist on Krisi's Small Square Box from her Box It Up collection.

[editorial comments] Pssssssst!  This is the free template you get when you sign up for Krisi's newsletter!  If you haven't signed up yet, you should!  This box ROCKS!  [/end editorial comments]


I am using Krisi's small square box with Allison Pennington's "In My Own Backyard" kit 
to make a gift box for a glass photo pendant I made for a friend of mine.


First, a look at my supplies:



Pretty simple tools, right?  Of course, after I looked at the photo, I realized I left out two things:  the velcro and the paper Easter grass!  Oops! 


Start by applying your choice of papers and elements to Krisi's template.  Print and cut out the shapes, and then score and cut the slits.


Fold the box and glue the flaps in place.  (I was amazed at how SIMPLE and FAST this box is to put together!)


Glue the sentiment circle to the front of the box.  Then punch holes about a quarter of an inch from the outside edges on the very top panel of the box.


Place the pendant (already threaded with ribbon) in the box and feed the ribbon up through the holes in the top of the box.  Pull the ribbon tight and tie a bow.


Add a small piece of velcro to hold the lid in place.



Stuff just a *bit* of paper Easter grass into the bottom of the box so that the pendant doesn't bang around inside (plus, it looks cute!).  Voila!  You're done!




Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Have a great day!
LeAnn



Pin It

3 comments: